Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hello and Welcome to our blog!

This whole blog thing is so new to me I'm really not sure what to say here! I guess I'll just wing it and see how it goes...

Anyway, my name is Jennifer and I'm a co-owner of a small, new craft business based out of Orlando, FL. My other half, Heidi, and I make up Made By Moms and we create everything you see here, on our Myspace and on Etsy by hand. We love to sew and create everything from diaper bags to burp cloths, clothing to baby blankets. I, personally, have a great fondness for hand embroidery and hope to have a few embroidered items featured in our Etsy shop soon. When I say we're new, we're only a few months old so right now we're working hard to increase our inventory while working small craft markets like the ones in Lake Eola and Sanford. Hopefully this fall will allow us to see our first large-scale craft market.

So, who am I? I'm a 28-year-old SAHM to a beautiful (yet completely obnoxious) two-and-a-half-year-old little boy. I graduated from the University of Florida in 2001 and taught high school mathematics until I had my son. I love to read (Dean Koontz, Stephen King, etc), jog, sew, watch sports and play with my son. I'm happily married to a wonderful man who happens to be my Optometrist and we'll be going on six years this October. I'm a big geek who loves to dabble in Photoshop, watch Star Wars movies and read Harry Potter. I have a tendency to dress up when I go see Harry Potter movies (or go to pre-release HP book parties) and I still love Halloween. I can carve a mean tombstone and make all of our props for Halloween -- I'm working on the coolest cemetery ever to grace the good Orlando area. I met Heidi through our mom's group and we've been friends since our children were about 7 months old -- her daughter is only a week older than my son. Heidi is pregnant with their second child, so I'll be the one in charge of our online presence to allow her time to rest! :)

If you ever have any questions, comments or concerns about us, our products, Etsy or our policies, please contact us and we'd be more than happy to help. We'd love to create anything custom you desire -- from a portable changing pad to a full crib bedding set, we're here to please. We feel our products are among the best you can find and we hope to talk to you soon!

2 comments:

The Nature Nut said...

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan myself! Welcome to the blogging world!

Debra said...

HI~
I saw your post on the Etsy forum. Great start on the blog. I love your blankets!!

Debra